|Home||Services||About Me||Contact Me|
About Joel Judd, Attorney at Law
Born and raised in Colorado, I was educated in the Denver Public Schools, just like my father and grandfather. (See the full education history on the résumé below.) In addition to practicing law here since 1976, I am proud to have served in the Colorado State Legislature from 2003 to 2010, chairing the Finance Committee for much of that time.
I am committed to serving my community and my clients with honesty, transparency and integrity. As your attorney, I will strive to help you solve problems and avoid unnecessary complications. It is my job is to help you simplify legal matters rather than make them more complicated.
- Successfully fought up to the Colorado Supreme Court to recover a wrongfully foreclosed home, Moreland v. Marwich, 1983.
- Helped the Black Eyed Pea, Hacienda Colorado, Elways and other establishments obtain liquor licenses in Colorado.
- Spent 5 years passing child support gambling intercept. See the recent article.
- Chaired the House Finance Committee for four years; responsible for bringing in the money to keep the state running.
- Required first offender drunk drivers to use an interlock to keep driving.
|Education:||BA Degree (Economics) - New College, Sarasota, FL (1972)
J.D. Degree – University of Denver, Denver, CO (1975)
|Career History:||Representative (House District 5) Colorado 2003 – 2010
Chair, House Finance Committee 2007 - 2010
Attorney – Joel Judd, Attorney at Law – 1982 to present
Attorney – Reckseen & Lau – 1977 to 1982
Attorney – Feder & Morris – 1976 to 1977
|Licenses:||Admitted to Colorado Supreme Court – 1976
Admitted to U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado – 1976
Admitted to Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals – 1976
Admitted to U.S. Supreme Court – 1980
|Civic & Professional Organizations:||Exec. Committee, Am. Jewish Comm. -- CO – 1999 - 2007
President, Mosaic Outdoor Mountain Club 1994 to 1997
Chair, Denver Bar Assoc. Intraprofessional Comm., 1986 to 1990
Secretary, Allied Apartments for the Elderly 1985 to 1988
Board Member, Jewish Community Center 1985 to 1988
President, Downtown Denver Optimists Club 1980 to 1983
|Publications:||Co-author, Article “Resolving Disputes Between Lawyers-The DBA Intraprofessional Committee”, CO Lawyer CO Bar Association, May 1989|
|Awards:||The American Jewish Committee Community in Action Award - June, 2001|
|Interests:||Hiking and other outdoor activities|